We are the Congenital Cardiac Nurses Association (CCNA), the only UK association dedicated to representing the voice of children’s cardiac nurses throughout the UK and Southern Ireland.
The CCNA has members spanning the whole of the UK and Ireland, as well as a few from around the globe. These are predominantly children’s nurses, but recently membership has expanded to include others working in the specialty, such as adult nurses working in the adult congenital heart disease centres.
• To act as a discussion forum for health care practitioners engaged or interested in congenital, acquired or inherited cardiothoracic practice
• To facilitate communication inter-professionally as well as between children’s cardiac centres, nationally and internationally
• To act as a body representing the voice of children’s cardiac nurses throughout the UK and Southern Ireland
• To act as a body representing the voice of congenital cardiac nurses throughout the UK and Southern Ireland
• To promote and share ideas relating to clinical practice, research and education
• To promote the welfare of the child, young person and their family within the sphere of children’s cardiac nursing
Please enjoy having a look around our new website, if you have got any questions feel free to contact us and if you are working in congenital cardiac services we hope to see you soon as a new member. Please keep checking back here as we will be making further updates shortly.
We have just announced our 5th annual CCNA conference, Creating Connections: Networking & Advancing to be held on 21st June. Abstracts to be submitted by 3rd April. See events page for more details.